Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Far Cry 3 Confirmed: 'Commitment to the African Setting'

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stretchnutz
Information Mod.
Stretchnutz

Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Far Cry 3 Confirmed: 'Commitment to the African Setting' Empty
PostSubject: Far Cry 3 Confirmed: 'Commitment to the African Setting'   Far Cry 3 Confirmed: 'Commitment to the African Setting' Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 3:10 am

Taken from Xbox360Achievements.org

In an interview with VG247, Far Cry's Creative Director, Patrick Reading told them that Far Cry 3 was already in "preliminary stages" and that the team now had a "commitment to the African setting".

Why you ask? Simple, because it's fresh, new and saves time. He was asked why they originally chose it and he told them they chose it "because we felt that in order to retain the Far Cry brand value, of an exotic, dangerous environment" they needed to chose "a place that maybe people haven’t had a chance to see themselves" and Africa sprung to mind.

Redding also mentioned the possibilities of moving the game to the Antarctic or the Amazon Rain Forest and said it is easy enough to do but it would need something to compel them to do it.

This is all preliminary speculation however so for all we know, it could end up taking place on the moon.

Can't wait till Far Cry 3? Well, there is a little game called Far Cry 2 out before then, so in the meantime, check out our preview from the Games Convention here.
Back to top Go down
http://deadstretch.spaces.live.com
AUT0MATOR

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 Confirmed: 'Commitment to the African Setting'   Far Cry 3 Confirmed: 'Commitment to the African Setting' Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 3:32 pm

I was thinking Yellow stone national park would be a good setting.

It is one big volcano that you would never know you were in unless you look at it from space and there are forests guisers hot springs beautiful scenery and diverse wildlife, wolves and buffalo to name a few.

Or not.
Back to top Go down
Tripple

Tripple

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 Confirmed: 'Commitment to the African Setting'   Far Cry 3 Confirmed: 'Commitment to the African Setting' Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:59 pm

Lol ya you couldent shoot the trees in montana down.........
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fierceone
AUT0MATOR

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 Confirmed: 'Commitment to the African Setting'   Far Cry 3 Confirmed: 'Commitment to the African Setting' Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 7:10 pm

I really liked Montana. It is one of the coolest states in my opinion!

Big sky country.
Back to top Go down
Grim Smoke
Administrator
Grim Smoke

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 Confirmed: 'Commitment to the African Setting'   Far Cry 3 Confirmed: 'Commitment to the African Setting' Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:19 pm

It's Fresh and New???? Its being done on FC2 right? Uh are theese guys even knowledgable of the fact that FC 2 is African set because they are talking about it like its a brand new concept?.....

Well it is now but "what another two years from now You will have played Fc2 in and out of editor, Resident Evil, and who knows how many other African set games".

So by the time it comes out will it still be "new"?

I'm excited to hear this anyways, but I just thought I'd point that out!

Until then I will be on FC2!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://ugs-gaming.up-your.com
Tripple

Tripple

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 Confirmed: 'Commitment to the African Setting'   Far Cry 3 Confirmed: 'Commitment to the African Setting' Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:49 pm

Ya did you know Montana is populated with mostly irish, because they say it looks like Ireland........ Sorry too digress... but i think the dude was more reffering too farcry 2 when he was talking bout it. I mean for farcry 3 too be confirmed already they probley planned both for the get-go........ But as for the true FarCry "FANS" we really dont give 2 S#itz about the story so sequals MUST HAVE much improved map editor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fierceone
XHeretic HeroX
Content Mod.

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 Confirmed: 'Commitment to the African Setting'   Far Cry 3 Confirmed: 'Commitment to the African Setting' Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 2:36 am

*year-2020 FAR CRY 12.7 featuring the new space theme as you battle alien mercs to survive*
Back to top Go down
http://www.ugs-gaming.up-your.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 3 Confirmed: 'Commitment to the African Setting'   Far Cry 3 Confirmed: 'Commitment to the African Setting' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Far Cry 3 Confirmed: 'Commitment to the African Setting'
Page 1 of 1