Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Confirmed Map Editor Info

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stretchnutz
Information Mod.
Stretchnutz

Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Confirmed Map Editor Info Empty
PostSubject: Confirmed Map Editor Info   Confirmed Map Editor Info Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 7:53 pm

This list was compiled on GameFaqs.com.. I did a simple C&P and added some of my own.

1) We will get "War Zones" that will kill players, stopping them from wandering outside the map.
2) There is a detailed mountain making tool, called noise.
3) There are over 1,000 different objects in Far Cry 2 at our disposal.
4) Making forests works the same way as painting did in the first Far Cry. Just click and drag and you've got a full forest in seconds.
5) The land size is large enough so you can make sections of real life cities.
6) You can make your own buildings to some extent. The Eiffel Tower is seen in the last few seconds of the vid and I noticed in one of the menus doors and windows were an option. It's my guess there will be walls, floors, and ceilings too.
7) You CAN add weather to your maps.
8. You can jump into your map at anytime (like in Instincts) but this time around you can still edit some things from this view.
10) Tools will be selected via a wheel accessed with the left stick.
11) By clicking the right stick you will move around the map faster
12) You can switch between 2D mode and 3D. Not sure what you can do in 2D.
13) Known object catagories:
Multiplayer
Vehicles
Buildings
Utilities
Natural
Explosives
Ammo and Weapons
Occlusion Blocks
14) The preformance meter in the upper right hand corner is back.
15) The mountain tool can also be used to create valleys.
16) ROTATION: To rotate an object hold the left trigger. From there you can use BOTH joy sticks to rotate the object. Objects ARE completely rotatable in 3D
17 Use right trigger to add the selected object and right bumper to add AND edit the object. Not sure what about the object you can edit.

18. You can control the water level but not sure if that's the entire maps level or just the selected area.
19) You can add civilian vehicles to maps too.
20) Known road types:
Dirt paths
Stone roads
Pavement

21) Camera control appear to be roughly the same.

22) Explosives are in the editor. Propane takes will act like the ones in Halo 3 and fly all over the place and catch grass on fire.

23) You can place Spectator spawn points so It's a safe bet you can spectate matches.

24) In the interview the person making the map goes WAY over the brush limit (68024/30000). Does this mean the brush limit is only a guide line?

25) At 1:51/5:44 in the interview you can see blue camera looking objects on top of the buildings. Not sure what they do but worth pointing out.

26) More paint textures: Grass, Sand, Rock, Dirt and others. Looks like multiple grass types.

27) You don't have to host a match for others to download your map but hosting it will allow others to download you map just like in past Far Cries.

28. There is a real road tool, not just painting different textures.

29) There is a rating system for maps.30) There are a bajillion different options for bridges as seen at 3:12 in the interview. I'd imagin most of those options apply to all objects.

31) The editor will seek out errors and point them out to you.

32) You can place invisable barriers to adjust the size of your map.

33) You can pick what game mode most or all vehicles and weapons spawn in.

34) There are emty spaces in some catagories. leading me to think that with items like biuldings, you can make your own and save them to an empty slot.

- there are variants of each object, vehicle, etc. (you can make them a different color)
- like the single player, the environment is just as destructable

- if you watch the trailer, pause it at4:18. You'll see that theres a container tilted. i'll take that as evidence that there will be fully rotating objects, unless the tilted container is it's own object, which seems a little too random.

35) You can set the paint tool to only paint within certain heights so you can select MORE than the are you want to paint but it will only paint at the height you want it to.

36) Say you choose a Jungle setting but later decide you wanted a Desert setting. You can change that in the editor and it will change all Jungle trees and textures to Desert ones so you don't have to start over.

37) When using the road tool, it will automatically delete any trees or brush in its way, but if you move the road later the tree will regenerate where it originally was.

38. As Far Cry 2 is an open world game, vehicles are extremely important. We have 14 different vehicles with over 40 variants. It ranges from dune buggies, 4X4, jeeps, ATV, multiple water vehicles and of course the glider!
Back to top Go down
http://deadstretch.spaces.live.com
AUT0MATOR

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed Map Editor Info   Confirmed Map Editor Info Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 3:25 pm

Nice review stretch.

I thought I read that you can only raise and lower the entire water level not certian areas.
Back to top Go down
Stretchnutz
Information Mod.
Stretchnutz

Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed Map Editor Info   Confirmed Map Editor Info Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 6:16 pm

Is that what is says....I'll fix it. I took this from another site...
Back to top Go down
http://deadstretch.spaces.live.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed Map Editor Info   Confirmed Map Editor Info Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Confirmed Map Editor Info
Page 1 of 1