Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Netflix Recommendations.

Go down 
2 posters

How you tried the Netflix 2 week FREE TRIAL?
Yes
Netflix Recommendations. I_vote_lcap100%Netflix Recommendations. I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 3 ]
No
Netflix Recommendations. I_vote_lcap0%Netflix Recommendations. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Not Yet
 0% [ 0 ]
Don't Want To
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Stretchnutz
Information Mod.
Stretchnutz

Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Netflix Recommendations. Empty
PostSubject: Netflix Recommendations.   Netflix Recommendations. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 7:24 pm

Now that Netflix has partnered with Xbox Live to bring you an endless amount of instantly streamed Movies and TV Shows to your Xbox it's always "movie time."

First off, if you don't have Netflix yet there is a free 2 week trial. With the 2 week trial you can watch as many movies/shows as you can in those 2 weeks. If you wanted to you could have an endless 2 week movie night, but in those 2 weeks you are only allowed 1(one) DVD out at a single time.

Anyways, on to the recommendations. To make this thread a bit more user-friendly when making a recommendation please indicate next to the movie and/or show title if it's an "Instant Play" or a movie that is only on DVD.

Soo, here are my first few recommendations, all are "Instant Play" :
Dead Leaves - Genre: Anime = It's kinda like those early 90's American Anime's in which theres not much story to it, Crazy Action and very crude. 3.5 stars.

National Treasure: Book of Secrets - Genre: Action & Adventure = This is a great sequal to the first movie, but IMO the first National Treasure is a bit better. Book of Secrets is still a great movie. 4 stars.

Air Gear - Genre: Anime = This is and was originally a japanese comic which they call "Manga." I only read it once or twice, when I was in the grocery store so I looked for the anime series on netflix and sure enough they had it. I found this at netflix, it descirbes it really good:
Leave it to Japanese anime makers to turn something rather mundane like inline skates into an epic story of ambition, conflict, and of course romance. Air Gear, like many mythic tales, is about an innocent man/boy's struggle to realize his ambition of becoming one of the Kings of the underground skating community using special motorized inline skates called AT's. There are no parents to wonder what they all are doing after dark and really no teachers of any ability to cramp their style either.

So, those are my three recommendations so far. Also I'd like to add that I now own a netflix account, and it's not just the 2 week trial.
Back to top Go down
http://deadstretch.spaces.live.com
Grim Smoke
Administrator
Grim Smoke

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Netflix Recommendations. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Netflix Recommendations.   Netflix Recommendations. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:25 pm

Here are some instant play movies I have seen recently.